Language and Culture. Our goal is to deliver an exciting conversation and a cross-cultural experience for everyone at the table. The idea is to have a fresh start every day, to let go of mediocrity, to learn something new about the world. This is the very heart of LanCul. We are looking for great communicators, people who can create a fun environment for beginner English speakers. If you think you have what it takes to be a Mate, then come and join our team!
Colleagues share our passion and are affectionately referred to as ‘mates’. We value the connection between mates as well as between mates and customers alike. By respecting the diversity and individuality of our mates we provide a bright, fun place to work.
In order to achieve this, we work passionately and act with honesty and sincerity. We cherish our relationship with every customer and aim to provide a wholesome experience through language and cultural exchange.
LanCul has been in the English Cafe business since 2012, and has grown to several branches around Tokyo. Our company’s aim is to create a community of confident English speakers through language and cultural exchange.
We create real connections. LanCul is a safe space where everyone can express themselves through language and cultural exchange. This is a place where our Mates and members can build bonds to last a lifetime.
We are essentially a company about people.
LanCul Mates deliver beyond what is expected of an English conversation school or cafe. We work honestly by connecting with our members from the first minute of every conversation. Each time we meet, we try to leave a lasting impression that makes our members want to come back.
• We are passionate about communication. No text book, No teaching but real communication!
• We host international parties twice every month
• We believe in a casual work style. This means no suits!
• Our company offers a great work-play balance
• Our team is always open to new ideas and always strives for a creative environment!
• We can provide a great environment to grow and hone your skills
• An articulate and fluent English speaker (can be non-native).
• Open-minded and outgoing, able to lead a conversation on various topics.
• Able to interact and engage with various kinds of people.
• Able to host small events independently.
• Reliable and punctual with a strong sense of responsibility.
• Open to new ideas and able to work in an innovative environment.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Visa that allows you to work for at least 6 months.
• Must be available for in-person interviews in Tokyo.
• Must have a Japanese bank account and Japanese mobile number.
Current Available Positions
LanCul has a wide age range of members and mates are expected to be flexible to everyone at the table. The Mate will provide a platform for the members to share their experiences by facilitating a group conversation. Our Mates’ main duties would be leading conversations between small groups of up to seven. We have a wide range of customers mostly from their twenties to their forties.
We are more interested in your communication skills than teaching qualifications so students and those lacking experience are welcome to apply.
Please take a moment to submit your information using the form.
*We can unfortunately NOT accept applications from temporary visitor, instructor or professor visa holders.
|Working hours||A minimum of 16 hours or 4 shifts per week|
|Remuneration||A starting pay of ￥1,020~/hour + monthly incentives* + transportation reimbursement of up to ￥3,000/day
*Mates are given an incentive(5-30k) added on top of their month’s pay based on the number of shifts that they’ve successfully been assigned to at the beginning of every scheduling cycle.
|Probation||3 months (the same remuneration)|
|Shifts||2-6PM, 3-6PM, 6-9PM, 7-10PM|